This demonstrates a setup to play a playlist of Youtube videos within Flowplayer 7 and setting a default quality of hd720.
The Settings menu feature enabled with
is-settings can control quality selection, playback speed and subtitles and captions. If disabled this will use Flowplayer 7's new bitrate menu feature.
If no quality setting is manually set, youtube will determine the quality via the dimensions of the player. If it's too small it will default to a lower quality setting.
This uses the customisable Flowplayer 7 Playlist functionality.
Hiding Related Videos and Share buttons
Since 2018 Youtube disabled the option to disable related videos and share buttons. This is undesirable. A working fix has been implemented to hide these elements. However for subtitles to display properly this fix needs to be disabled for subtitles.
- Chromeless player support with Youtube Html5 streaming.
- Support for mobile and desktop browsers, including IOS.
- Bitrate menu and selection support.
- start offset configurations
- Subtitles support using the default Flowplayer 7 subtitles menu or the settings menu.
- Settings menu feature for quality selection, playback speed and subtitles and captions.
- Captions toggling and subtitles menu support using Flowplayer 7 subtitles features.
- Custom skin support provided by the Flowplayer 7 skin styling.
- Initial bitrate quality selection configurations.
- Mixed playlists support between Html5 streaming and api player streaming.
- With browsers supporting Html5 mode the rate change api is available.
- Support for Youtube Live and DVR events.
- Support for vast ads with Youtube videos and with mixed playlist videos.
- Support for Flowplayer 7 VAST plugin.
- Splash image support dynamically setting the video poster of the Youtube video as the background image when set and no other background image is set.
- Youtube 360 Video support by passing through to rotation controls.
- Feature to override Flowplayer ui controls to access Youtube ads overlays.
- Autoplay and mute workarounds for Chrome.
- Workaround to hide related videos and share buttons from the Youtube player ui.